WHAT IS HYPNOBIRTH?
This week’s episode is all about HypnoBirthing and how gentle, calm, and natural childbirths are possible.
HypnoBirthing was first created by Marie Mongan 30 years ago when she published her book “HypnoBirthing: A Celebration of Life” and started the HypnoBirthing Institute.
The Hypnobirthing classes are 2.5 hours long and are generally taken once a week over a five week period. However, if your due date is in less than 5 weeks, usually special accommodations can be made with a practitioner for the classes to be completed before the due date.
But to discuss Hypnobirthing even further, I chatted with Tara from organichypnobirthing.com. It was such an enlightening conversation to learn that labour didn’t have to be a painful, traumatic experience that is often portrayed in the movies.
DURING THE EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- How HypnoBirthing is empowering for the mom, the partner, and the baby
- What the fear-tension-pain cycle is and how to avoid it during labour
- The importance of continuous breathing and therefore a continuous oxygen flow to both mom and baby during birth
- Tara shares her own birth experiences of giving birth with Hypnobirthing vs. without
- How we shift to the limbic part of the brain during labour – so logic thinking is gone
- Why we need to raise the bar from just “healthy mom and healthy baby”. While it is something that is important, it’s not the only important thing.
- How HypnoBirthing mothers have a rate of C-section at 13% versus the national average that is at 33%
- Why pregnant women should fill their mind with positive birth experiences and videos
- How the birthing experience sets the tone for the parenting relationship the parents have – team effort during birth goes a long way
- How a positive, empowering birthing experience can really bring couples closer together and move them positively into their new roles as parents who work as a TEAM
This was definitely an action packed episode full of tons of wisdom.
- Tara’s website: http://organichypnobirthing.com
- Official HypnoBirthing website to find practitioners near you: https://us.hypnobirthing.com/
- Tara’s Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbvrSXvzA-FERJy8OMZyDFA
- Video of a mother giving birth with HypnoBirthing techniques
- Connect with Tara on Instagram: http://instagram.com/organicbirthing/
- Connect with the host on Instagram: http://instagram.com/chemistkarma/